Dr. Javier Gutiérrez
Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon
Adopted citizen of Barcelona and busy working parent of a growing family, he is appreciated by all for much more than his calm, signature baritone voice and untamed locks. Although a frequent traveler, he never misses a moment to drive Facialteam’s diverse projects forward.
Dr. Javier Gutiérrez achieved the Degree of Medicine & Surgery at the University of Navarra (Pamplona, Spain) in 2007. Afterwards, he obtained the Medical Specialization in Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery at the Hospital Universitario Vall d’Hebron in Barcelona in 2013.
During his specialization, he performed several observerships at different prestigious centers abroad:
- Saint Jean Hospital (Brugge, Belgium; Dr. M. Mommaerts, 2011)
- R Adams Cowley Shock Trauma Center (Baltimore, USA; Dr. E. Rodríguez, 2012)
- Clínica Teknon (Barcelona, Spain; Dr. F. Hernández-Alfaro, 2012)
- Cosmetic Facial Surgery Clinic (Virginia, USA; Dr. J. Niamtu III, 2014)
- Manhattan Eye, Ear & Throat Hospital (New York, USA; Dr. S. Aston 2014)
- RinoFast Polanco (México DF, Mexico; Dr. H. M. Marín Méndez, 2016)
His whole medical education has been focused on Orthognathics and Facial Aesthetic Surgery.
He has worked as a consultant in the Department of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery in the Hospital Universitario Vall d’Hebron in Barcelona from 2013 to 2017, where he has been leading the Orthognathics and Craniofacial Deformities Unit. He also worked as a professor at the School of Medicine in Universitat Autònoma of Barcelona.
Dr. Gutiérrez accomplished a two-year period fellowship in Facial Feminization Surgery with Facialteam in 2017 and now he is a surgical pillar member within our team and currently the main responsible of Facialteam Barcelona.
Registrations and Memberships:
- Spanish Medical Council Registration Number 29/0843588 (Colegio Oficial de Médicos de Málaga)
- Spanish Society of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery (SECOM)
- Spanish Society of Facial Plastic Surgery (SECPF)
- European Association for Cranio Maxillo Facial Surgery (EACMFS)
Dr. Javier Gutiérrez is a full member of the World Professional Association for Transgender Health (WPATH), continuously supporting the association in the development of evidence-based medicine to promote high quality care for transgender individuals internationally.