“Regarding forehead height and hairline feminization: Many candidates for FFS Surgery not only do not require a hairline lowering but even look better with a greater distance between the nasal root and the beginning of the hairline” (Alexandra Hamer, Thesis on Facial Gender)
Over recent years, experts in facial feminization have been seeking the ideal methods for forehead and hairline feminization, while avoiding visible scars in order to achieve natural results for those patients seeking a brow bossing reduction.
- Hairline Feminization: What are the options?
- Hairline feminization: What problems are there with Hairline incision?
- SOLUTIONS FOR HAIRLINE FEMINIZATION AND HIGH FOREHEADS
- Thanks to FACIALTEAM´s refinement of the procedure and the incorporation of Hair transplant Unit, hairline feminization is possible via hair grafting simultaneously, on the same day as FFS Surgery.
Hairline Feminization: What are the options?
So, what options exist for patients who really do have an excessive vertical dimension of the forehead (tall forehead, height between the nasal root and center of the hairline) or the typical M-shape hairline?
Here are two steps to determine the best options to feminize both the forehead height as well as the hairline shape:
- First, determine if you are indeed a candidate for surgical hairline advancement. FACIALTEAM only offers this treatment as a last-resort option for specific patients in need of a dramatic shortening of the forehead. Care must be taken as in some cases a small forehead has an undesirable masculinizing effect.
- Secondly, if you need hair transplants for a better hairline shape, determine when to do them: simultaneous or delayed hair transplants.
Hairline feminization: What problems are there with Hairline incision?
A forehead reconstruction via the “HAIRLINE APPROACH” involves an incision at the hairline level and removal of redundant skin for a scalp advancement. This approach is only indicated especially in unique cases due to the potential visible scar it may create along the hairline. The main disadvantages being:
- Mainly that it can generate a visible scar, despite our advanced incision and suturing technique
- It does not completely solve the problem of the M-shape hairline, as this technique is unable to obtain perfect results in the closure of the unwanted “widow peaks”, requiring hair transplants to improve this anyway.
SOLUTIONS FOR HAIRLINE FEMINIZATION AND HIGH FOREHEADS
Thanks to FACIALTEAM´s refinement of the procedure and the incorporation of Hair transplant Unit, hairline feminization is possible via hair grafting simultaneously, on the same day as FFS Surgery.
In only one treatment visit, the patient has feminized her forehead and brow bossing as well as redefined the hairline into a more feminine shape.
Offering treatment with an absence of visible scars, we aim for absolute excellence in the feminization of the forehead and the hairline.
See our 3-D Videos on the feminization of the upper facial third for more details.
Dr. Luis M. Capitán and Dr. Daniel Simon are founders and co-directors of FACIALTEAM, an internationally renowned team of professionals specialized in facial feminization surgery in Marbella, Spain