Dr. Miguel Perceval
Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon
With an undergraduate degree in Medicine from the University of Cantabria (2014), he obtained the title of specialist in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery via the exclusive MIR system (2020) after 5 years of residency at the University Hospital Virgen de las Nieves of Granada.
During his specialization, he performed several observerships at different centers abroad:
- Stanford Medical Center (California, USA; Dr Liu, Dr. Capasso, Dr. Guilleminault, 2018)
- Hospital Doctor Peset (Valencia, Spain; Dra. Carrasco, 2018)
- Ospedale ‘G.B. Morgagni L. Pierantoni’ (Forlì, Italy; Dr. Vicini, 2019).
During the1st SARC Sleep Workshop (10th SARC 2019) in Singapore he was invited as a Teaching Faculty for the Sleep Surgery Cadaver Course. His whole medical education has been focused on Orthognathics and Obstructive Sleep Apnea Surgery.
In 2019, he qualified as a Specialist in Health Administration and Management at the Spanish National School of Public Health.
At the end of his medical residency, he was awarded with the Best Resident Accésit Prize by the Spanish Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery.
He has worked as a consultant in the Department of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery in the University Hospital Virgen de las Nieves of Granada from 2020 to 2021, where he has been leading the Obstructive Sleep Apnea Surgery Unit.
Registrations and Memberships:
- Spanish Medical Council Registration Number 18/1811688 (Colegio Oficial de Médicos de Granada)
- Spanish Society of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery (SECOMCyC)
- European Association for Cranio Maxillo Facial Surgery (EACMFS)
- International Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons (IAOMS)
Dr. Miguel Perceval is a full member of the World Professional Association for Transgender Health (WPATH), continuously supporting the association in the development of evidence-based medicine to promote high quality care for transgender individuals internationally.