Facialteam: The Milestones
Why are our facial feminisation surgeons considered leaders in the field?
Good question. It seems we are a bit humble here, so don’t always communicate our strong points. So people ask us, how exactly have you become an international reference in feminising surgery?
See below Facialteam’s outstanding record since the first facial feminisation surgery nearly 15 years ago. We’re serious about the discipline, which means working at many levels of the field: compiling statistics, developing, researching, investigating, reporting, training and more! Like you, we are proud to be unique.
Statistics about Facialteam
- Facialteam has helped more than 1,800 facial feminization patients from 62 different countries!
- For these patients, over 5,800 feminization surgical procedures have been performed
- Nearly 10,000 free FFS orientations conducted (including abroad in 15 countries), creating thousands of digital simulations of results.
- Online before & after photo gallery of hundreds of FFS cases
- Hundreds of public video testimonials and more on YouTube
- A triad approach, with at least three highly specialised facial feminisation surgeons in every operation. More hands and eyes looking out for the best results and your safety!
- Development of pioneering surgical methodology, 3D technologies and new cutting-edge instruments, such as the development of customized 3D templates and ultrasonic inserts for lower jaw surgery and rhinoplasty.
- 96% rate of long-term satisfaction reported in annual surveys
- Among the lowest rates of revision in plastic surgery (3%)
- Team comprised of over 50 trained professionals in trans-feminine healthcare with a Total-Care comprehensive approach.
Facialteam in Science – R&D
- Award-winning research: 22 publications in top medical journals, 5 textbook chapters and contributors to many academic volumes.
- Active investigative projects ongoing with the best university hospitals, such as Johns Hopkins, alongside many cutting-edge tech companies.
- Presentations at more than 60 scientific congresses worldwide.
Facialteam in Medical Practice
- Members of workgroup that’s re-writing the chapter on SURGERY of the WPATH Standards of Care (8th edition), the definitive best practices guide in trans healthcare internationally.
- Co-authors of the recommendations on transgender health, a best practices guide of the European Society for Sexual Medicine (ESSM).
Facialteam in Education
- Pioneering professional training activities, founding the first FFS Training Program in 2018. Also organizers of symposiums, webinars, workshops, cadaver labs as well as pro training events in conjunction with leading medical institutions (Mt. Sinai, NYU, OHSU etc) and expert faculty.
- Founders of the TransHealth Initiative Observerships in facial feminisation that have welcomed over 50 international surgeons.
- Doctoral thesis defense in Facial Gender Surgery has been nonexistent until now–making a difficult task even more complicated. FT has built the first ever successful defense in the discipline and has begun its second!
Facialteam was founded by Dr. Luis Capitán (Cranio-Maxillofacial Surgeon – Spain) and Dr. Daniel Simon (Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery – Brazil), primarily to meet the demand for Facial Feminisation Surgery, also known as Facial Harmonisation, Facial Gender-Affirming or Facial Gender Confirmation Surgery (FGCS).