The AMA (Ask Me Anything) webinars and Livestream Facialteam are happening! Schedules and past recordings below–>
- Livestream Facialteam on current topics with the voices of today
- What’s Upcoming on Livestream Facialteam?
- Livestream Facialteam with Lilia and special guests–Wednesday’s mostly!
- News & Updates on all topics trans
Livestream Facialteam on current topics with the voices of today
Better said, “almost weekly” Wednesdays! I’m Lilia and my pronouns are she and hers. I created the 3000 member strong FACIALTEAM Peer group on Facebook 8 years ago for two reasons: to create a space where we could all supports one another and also a venue that made researching gender affirming services simpler, since the information overload is overwhelming nowadays.
These Livestreams are a way to communicate important info to you, our followers, to provide a beacon where your questions on trans topics and all things gender affirming are given voice and brought to the mainstage.
What’s Upcoming on Livestream Facialteam?
- 2 December at 15:00 CEST+1 / 6AM PST, LIVE with Dr. Jens Berli of OHSU, talking about the facial gender mosaic, the management of internal vs. external dysphoria and getting gender-affirming surgeries on the map with medical insurers in the USA. Get Reminder here!
- 16 December with D. M. Maynard, author of workbooks about transitioning for partners, family members and teachers.
To calculate your local time, we recommend using this time zone converter. Is the event time inconvenient for you? Don’t worry, the streams will be recorded potentially for posterior sharing. In any case, future live events will be scheduled to reach other regions so that we may connect with you too, wherever you live.
There are 3 different platforms we use, depending on the date. Follow our social media to stay informed:
Livestream Facialteam with Lilia and special guests–Wednesday’s mostly!
The first Live episode was with Lilia in mid-April, who has been working in the field of FFS Surgery since 2008, when she began as a patient coordinator. Since then, she has managed many live events: a directors discussion about a trans documentary, interviewed experts in several fields, things to do when beginning transition as well as introduce her colleagues at FACIALTEAM.
Lilia says, “I’ve always felt like a patient advocate since my work is building relationships based on trust. Issues like trans healthcare access and patient care systems are part of an ethical foundation crucial to my job of interacting with the minority groups in the LGBTIQ+ community.”
In her inaugural livestream for FACIALTEAM, Lilia addressed some current recurring debates on the topic of facial feminization surgery.
“I’ve been listening to the community for over a decade, watching how people have gradually become more proactive, connected with one another and hence better informed about all aspects of medical transition. Now it is high time for providers to reach out and provide better information in the most transparent way possible.”
Dr. Daniel Simon, cofounder and co-CEO of FACIALTEAM, has reached out via livestream and the recordings are available in the patient group and on our Youtube channel. Dr. Capitán has duplicated this “update and news” event in Spanish.
They both spoke about FACIALTEAM’s career and, most importantly, a glimpse of what is in the works for the future. Closing with a Q&A on the topics participants request in the live event, the talk was a unique opportunity to meet with a facial feminisation surgeon in “public.”
Dr. Simon explains, “My main objective with future livestreams is to provide reliable information about FACIALTEAM and facial gender surgery on an easily accessible venue where it is convenient for the community to connect with us.”
All our live discussions are sure to be of great value and interest, hearing from and being able to propose questions in real time to experts in different fields of trans healthcare.
RECORDINGS – PAST EVENTS
If you are a member of our private FACIALTEAM Peer Group on Facebook, you may find the replays of the very first livestream Facialteam events exclusive for members there. All other public replays are listed below in reverse chronological order.
- 4 November – Live with Trans-Aktion reps, talking about trans rights in Denmark and Hungary. View replay!
- 11 November – Replay of the Scientific activity of FT with Dr. Capitán ¡VER EN ESPAÑOL!
- 18 November – LIVE again with Dr. William Powers, HRT expert for trans people based near Detroit, Michigan, alongside author, activist and trans parent Sarah Savage of the UK. Watch replay here!
- 25 November, Replay of the live launch of the documentary film “Second Life of Jamie P.” See it here!
- 7 October with Jenny-Anne Bishop of Unique and Transforum Manchester in the UK, talking about new pathways and improved lifespan healthcare for trans people, in particular older generations. She will be joined by Dr. Genn Herley of Trans New York, founder of the new New York coming out event Join us for a two-country perspective and See on Youtube now!
- 14 October – Replay on HRT with Dr. William Powers.
- 21 October A replay on YouTube of our postop coordinator, presenting the patient’s Postop Guide. See it now!!
- 28 October with Charlie Martin, discussing wins for the LGBTQ athletes thanks to her team’s success in racing, a beautiful documentary about her roots and dreams which have now come true. See it here!
- September 2nd – A premiered talk about patient care and 3D technology in facial gender surgery planning, with Dr Simon of FACIALTEAM and Dr Devin Coon of Johns Hopkins Center for Transgender Health. See recording here!
- September 9th with Jacqui Gavin, lifelong Trans Activist and one of the top 50 most influential LGBTIQ+ people in the UK. In the Civil Service since 2009, she works in the area of transgender equality at the heart of the British government. See replay on YouTube.
- 16 September with trans authors Juno Roche (UK) and Polly Schattel (USA) talking about their careers and most recent works of literature. View the replay on YouTube here!
- 30 Sept., Sarah O’Connell and Marissa Farmer, video creators, comedians and more. See replay on YouTube here!
- August 12th – Lilia interviews two experts from two continents about the Myths & Methods of permanent hair removal. The founders of Peach Clinics Australia and Beverly Hills Hair Free in Los Angeles (USA) desconstruct the details about what’s permanent and what’s not. See replay on YouTube
- August 19th – Makeup know-how for FFS patients, featuring expert guests from two continents, as usual!The 1st session welcomes celeb makeup artist, Melissa Murdick of The Pretty Fix (USA) along with our friend Brenda DiaLuce, longtime makeup artist for Italian television. The second of the two-part back-to-back series features CEO Jessica Blackler and rep Maxine Heron of Jecca Blac, a UK gender-free brand alongside Berlin makeup teacher, Nina Kozul. Click below for YouTube replays.
- August 26th –Facial Gender Theory with Alexandra Hamer, facial gender analyst of VirtualFFS.co.uk and Dr. Simon, facial feminization specialist, on the advantages of employing virtual simulations in consultations. Plus, hear how the different identities relate to facial gender-affirming surgery and what it actually means to be female in the 21st century. See the replay here!
- July 1st – Dr. Helen Webberley & gender therapist Marianne Oakes of Gender GP – Talking with Dr. Capitán of FACIALTEAM about breaking down barriers to healthcare access with a pioneer in telemedicine for the TGNB community. The host of a healthcare podcast, we delved into the virtual model of care for people from all parts of the gender identity spectrum. See recording on Youtube or replay below:
- July 8th – Trans Gurus are a group of connected Floridian vloggers who created this outreach group with a mission to support the global trans community. Lilia met with reps to find out more of the cornerstone topics they bring to the table, giving visibility and feedback to the community in a dynamic, diverse group setting. See the recording on Youtube here!
- July 15th – Marcos Torres, director of Hotel La Villa Marbella – Old Town has been converted into a passionate trans ally. He will join us to talk about how the hotel’s residential neighbors are pleased with an even better “prejudice-free” community with our surgical guests. Also, how La Villa has grown internally in the years since becoming the official recommended accommodations of FACIALTEAM. He will comment on the new COVID-Safe protocol in their facilites as well as the most frequent questions FFS patients have about a surgical recuperation in La Villa. See the YouTube recording here!
- July 22nd – Exquisite Gender is an eclectic explosion of music. Meet members of Atlanta’s only all-trans rock band, who broke onto the live concert scene in February 2018. “Expect the unexpected” is their motto, and join us as we talk about their new demos and expert covers of some of the most-loved LGBTI+ anthems. See the replay on YouTube here!
- June 4th – The celebrated Dr. Marci Bowers of California, gender surgeon specialised in “bottom surgery,” joined Dr. Simon for a chat about how the pandemic has hit the clinics– which are getting restarted with new safety protocols–plus current difficulties in healthcare for the LGBTI+ community, travelling in a new world, the upcoming SOC8 review and more! Stay current with the experts, see YouTube replay here:
- June 10th – Voice and speech specialists, Christie Block and Christella Antoni, from NYC and London respectively, jointly present: Feminine Voice Training: Myths & Methods–see the YouTube replay below:
- June 17th with Dr. Z, PhD – Psychologist, gender therapist and trans & non-binary advocate in California, known for her direct-to-the-point YouTube Channel and no-nonsense approach to important themes on transition. Let’s hear more about her philosophy and how counselling around the time of FFS Surgery can be beneficial. Live alongside Dr. Capitán.
- June 24th with athletes Charlie Martin and Ella Licari. An informal chat on Instagram with some very inspiring sportswomen and their perspectives about life on planet Earth nowadays, particularly the inclusion of athletes with a trans history in sport. See our IGTV profile. Complete session recording coming soon to Youtube. Here is part 1 on Instagram! —Here is part 2!
- MAY 2020
MAY 6th – Interview with Roger Sherman, director of trans biopic, “The Second Life of Jamie P,” and the protagonist of the documentary, Jamie Peebles. See Replay here.
MAY 8th – Dr. Simon and Lilia Koss lead a discussion on various facial feminisation topics as well as FACIALTEAM news, which you may also view on our YouTube Channel.
May 13th – medical pigmentation and, specifically, restorative tattoo for scars–in particular aureolas! Join Patient Group on Facebook to view.
May 19th – 2nd offering of the Postoperative Patient Guide…she walked us through a the visual presentation, offering valuable advice regarding postoperative care and responding on the spot to some of the most frequently-asked-questions by patients. View on the FACEBOOK fanpage.
May 21st – Dr. Luis Capitán offered a Spanish version of our corporate update on our Facebook Fanpage, discussing current news and plans for a surgical world with COVID-19.
May 27th – Dr. William Powers of Powers Family Medicine, a popular GP/MD in Detroit for his “Powers Method” of HRT in gender transition. In discussion with Dr. Daniel Simon and Lilia Koss, see the recording on our Facebook Fanpage.
APRIL 30th – In our fourth live event in April, FACIALTEAM surgeon, Dr. Javier Gutiérrez spoke with Dr. Octavio Cintra, prominent Brazilian maxillofacial surgeon specialized in Orthognathic Surgery. See the recording on Youtube here.
In conclusion, we look forward to connecting with you online soon. Here to hoping that technology works in our favor without delays or glitches. Please invite your friends to livestream with FACIALTEAM and feel free to write us with any suggestions in the future!