Lilia’s Livestream were inaugurated in 2020, with over 35 live episodes streamed in 2020.
Schedules and replays links below–>
Current topics with the voices of today
It’s called “Almost Weekly Wednesdays”! I’m Lilia and my pronouns are she and hers. I created the 3400+ member Peer group on Facebook in 2012 to create a space where we could all supports one another and as a safe zone that made researching gender affirming services simpler, since the information overload is overwhelming online.
Lilia’s Livestreams are a beacon where your questions on facial gender and diverse trans topics are are discussed more deeply.
When and where is the Livestream?
To calculate your local time, we recommend using this time zone converter. Is the event time inconvenient for you? Don’t worry, the streams will be recorded potentially for posterior sharing. In any case, future live events will be scheduled to reach other regions so that we may connect with you too, wherever you live.
Seeing people so passionate about their field, the people they affect and actually putting in the effort, people who seemingly care. That was more motivating than I had anticipated when I clicked this video.
Normally, Facialteam’s livestream takes place on YouTube, but occassionally on any of our other platforms, such as Instagram, Facebook or Reddit.
Livestream with Lilia and popular icons
The first Live episode was with Lilia in mid-April 2020, who has been working in the field of FFS Surgery in 2008, when she began as a patient coordinator. Since then, she has managed live interviews with some of the most popular opinion-leaders of today.
News & Updates on all topics trans
Dr. Daniel Simon and Dr. Capitán, cofounders and co-CEO’s of Facialteam, have provided”update and news” events in both English and Spanish.
Dr. Simon explains, “My main objective with future livestreams is to provide reliable information about Facialteam and facial gender surgery on an easily accessible venue where it is convenient for the community to connect with us.”
RECORDINGS – PAST EVENTS
- 2 December LIVE with Dr. Jens Berli of OHSU, talking about the facial gender mosaic, the management of internal vs. external dysphoria and getting gender-affirming surgeries on the map with medical insurers in the USA. See Replay!
- 16 December with D. M. Maynard, author of workbooks about transitioning for partners, family members and teachers. Watch the replay here!
Much love to all of you for the work you do. Sarah, the world needs more books like yours, Lilia thank you so much for doing these talks and helping to spread good info and resources, and thank you Dr Powers for actually giving a damn about us and all the research you do to further the field and the hope that you bring to so many of us <3
- 18 November – LIVE again with Dr. William Powers, HRT expert for trans people based near Detroit, Michigan, alongside author, activist and trans parent Sarah Savage of the UK. Watch replay here!
DR Will Powers is absolutely brilliant!! Such a refreshing contribution. What incredible experience!
- 25 November, Replay of the live launch of the documentary film “Second Life of Jamie P.” See it here!
- 7 October with Jenny-Anne Bishop of Unique and Transforum Manchester in the UK, talking about new pathways and improved lifespan healthcare for trans people, in particular older generations. She will be joined by Dr. Genn Herley of Trans New York, founder of the new New York coming out event Join us for a two-country perspective and See on Youtube now!
- 14 October – Replay on HRT with Dr. William Powers.
- 21 October A replay on YouTube of our postop coordinator, presenting the patient’s Postop Guide. See it now!!
- 28 October with Charlie Martin, discussing wins for the LGBTQ athletes thanks to her team’s success in racing, a beautiful documentary about her roots and dreams which have now come true. See it here!
- September 2nd – A premiered talk about patient care and 3D technology in facial gender surgery planning, with Dr Simon of Facialteam and Dr Devin Coon of Johns Hopkins Center for Transgender Health. See recording here!
- September 9th with Jacqui Gavin, lifelong Trans Activist and one of the top 50 most influential LGBTIQ+ people in the UK. In the Civil Service since 2009, she works in the area of transgender equality at the heart of the British government. See replay on YouTube.
- 16 September with trans authors Juno Roche (UK) and Polly Schattel (USA) talking about their careers and most recent works of literature. View the replay on YouTube here!
- 30 Sept., Sarah O’Connell and Marissa Farmer, video creators, comedians and more. See replay on YouTube here!
- August 12th – Lilia interviews two experts from two continents about the Myths & Methods of permanent hair removal. The founders of Peach Clinics Australia and Beverly Hills Hair Free in Los Angeles (USA) desconstruct the details about what’s permanent and what’s not. See replay on YouTube
- August 19th – Makeup know-how for FFS patients, featuring expert guests from two continents, as usual!The 1st session welcomes celeb makeup artist, Melissa Murdick of The Pretty Fix (USA) along with our friend Brenda DiaLuce, longtime makeup artist for Italian television. The second of the two-part back-to-back series features CEO Jessica Blackler and rep Maxine Heron of Jecca Blac, a UK gender-free brand alongside Berlin makeup teacher, Nina Kozul. Click below for YouTube replays.
- August 26th –Facial Gender Theory with Alexandra Hamer, facial gender analyst of VirtualFFS.co.uk and Dr. Simon, facial feminization specialist, on the advantages of employing virtual simulations in consultations. Plus, hear how the different identities relate to facial gender-affirming surgery and what it actually means to be female in the 21st century. See the replay here!
- July 1st – Dr. Helen Webberley & gender therapist Marianne Oakes of Gender GP – Talking with Dr. Capitán of Facialteam about breaking down barriers to healthcare access with a pioneer in telemedicine for the TGNB community. The host of a healthcare podcast, we delved into the virtual model of care for people from all parts of the gender identity spectrum. See recording on Youtube or replay below:
- July 8th – Trans Gurus are a group of connected Floridian vloggers who created this outreach group with a mission to support the global trans community. Lilia met with reps to find out more of the cornerstone topics they bring to the table, giving visibility and feedback to the community in a dynamic, diverse group setting. See the recording on Youtube here!
- July 15th – Marcos Torres, director of Hotel La Villa Marbella – Old Town has been converted into a passionate trans ally. He will join us to talk about how the hotel’s residential neighbors are pleased with an even better “prejudice-free” community with our surgical guests. Also, how La Villa has grown internally in the years since becoming the official recommended accommodations of Facialteam. He will comment on the new COVID-Safe protocol in their facilites as well as the most frequent questions FFS patients have about a surgical recuperation in La Villa. See the YouTube recording here!
- July 22nd – Exquisite Gender is an eclectic explosion of music. Meet members of Atlanta’s only all-trans rock band, who broke onto the live concert scene in February 2018. “Expect the unexpected” is their motto, and join us as we talk about their new demos and expert covers of some of the most-loved LGBTI+ anthems. See the replay on YouTube here!
- June 4th – The celebrated Dr. Marci Bowers of California, gender surgeon specialised in “bottom surgery,” joined Dr. Simon for a chat about how the pandemic has hit the clinics– which are getting restarted with new safety protocols–plus current difficulties in healthcare for the LGBTI+ community, travelling in a new world, the upcoming SOC8 review and more! Stay current with the experts, see YouTube replay here:
- June 10th – Voice and speech specialists, Christie Block and Christella Antoni, from NYC and London respectively, jointly present: Feminine Voice Training: Myths & Methods–see the YouTube replay below:
- June 17th with Dr. Z, PhD – Psychologist, gender therapist and trans & non-binary advocate in California, known for her direct-to-the-point YouTube Channel and no-nonsense approach to important themes on transition. Let’s hear more about her philosophy and how counselling around the time of FFS Surgery can be beneficial. Live alongside Dr. Capitán.
- June 24th with athletes Charlie Martin and Ella Licari. An informal chat on Instagram with some very inspiring sportswomen and their perspectives about life on planet Earth nowadays, particularly the inclusion of athletes with a trans history in sport. See our IGTV profile. Complete session recording coming soon to Youtube. Here is part 1 on Instagram! —Here is part 2!
- MAY 2020
MAY 6th – Interview with Roger Sherman, director of trans biopic, “The Second Life of Jamie P,” and the protagonist of the documentary, Jamie Peebles. See Replay here.
MAY 8th – Dr. Simon and Lilia Koss lead a discussion on various facial feminisation topics as well as Facialteam news, which you may also view on our YouTube Channel.
May 13th – medical pigmentation and, specifically, restorative tattoo for scars–in particular aureolas! Join Patient Group on Facebook to view.
May 19th – 2nd offering of the Postoperative Patient Guide…she walked us through a the visual presentation, offering valuable advice regarding postoperative care and responding on the spot to some of the most frequently-asked-questions by patients. View on the FACEBOOK fanpage.
May 21st – Dr. Luis Capitán offered a Spanish version of our corporate update on our Facebook Fanpage, discussing current news and plans for a surgical world with COVID-19.
May 27th – Dr. William Powers of Powers Family Medicine, a popular GP/MD in Detroit for his “Powers Method” of HRT in gender transition. In discussion with Dr. Daniel Simon and Lilia Koss, see the recording on our Facebook Fanpage.
APRIL 30th – In our fourth live event in April, Facialteam surgeon, Dr. Javier Gutiérrez spoke with Dr. Octavio Cintra, prominent Brazilian maxillofacial surgeon specialized in Orthognathic Surgery. See the recording on Youtube here.
In conclusion, we look forward to connecting with you online soon. Here to hoping that technology works in our favor without delays or glitches. Please invite your friends to livestream with Facialteam and feel free to write us with any suggestions in the future!